Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiger Woods Apologizes


I remember when Tiger Woods started getting famous when I was a kid, because my sisters would always buy magazines with the famous golfer on the cover.


I don’t know if you are all aware of the rumors that have infested the media these last months, about his infidelity and personal problems. The rumors are that he cheated on his wife, and that there had been an incident between the two in November. Woods crashed his SUV into a tree outside of this house and there were rumors that he had been in fight with his wife and she ran after him or something crazy like that. The truth is, we don’t really know what actually happened. A lot of people are disappointed of him; even brands like AT&T ended their contracts with him.

It happens all the time with famous people:  when they make a mistake, everyone shouts the news. Then it becomes worse, because it isn’t enough to divulge their wrong doing, so the media starts adding crap that isn’t true to make it more interesting.

 It must feel awful for the stars, to hear and read all the things people are saying about them. Is it just because they’re famous that they’re not allowed to make mistakes? How would we feel if everyone talked about our bad decisions? I don’t agree with that. It’s true, unlike other people, they have more responsibility to be role models, because they have so many followers. But let us not fool ourselves, they’re not God and they’re not perfect. So let’s just give them a break, they’re human like each one of us. It isn’t fair to criticize them as if we were perfect or something.

When I first read about the rumors, I didn’t know if to believe them or not, but I felt kind of sad about him, because I thought he was a really good guy. How would I know, right? I’ve never met him. Today I was surfing through the net, and I found an article about him apologizing. Something about Tiger Woods really impressed me. Unlike other stars, he acknowledged what he had done wrong. Imagine that: confessing for thousands, or even millions, of people, admitting he was wrong, promising to be better. I don’t think I ever remember Michael Jackson admitting he molested children and was sorry for it (I know it’s a different case, you don’t go to jail for cheating, but still). It amazes me too, that he admits he had fallen away from this faith, he recognizes that it was a mistake to forget about his faith and his family. So, hurray for Tiger Woods who was brave enough to defy millions of people with his confession; to fight to keep his family together, even as hard and painful as it would be; to swallow the pride and be willing to start over. For the people who love him. For the people who admire him.

Here is the article and the video where he confesses. The video is amazing, it must have been really hard for him to do this. Imagine yourself doing that.


http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/Tiger-Woods-apology-021910?GT1=39002

4 comments:

  1. Hey Annie I saw your blog on Facebook and decided to check it out. I think it is sooo cool you actually have your own blog! I hope everything in Seattle is going well. Good post as well I will have to tune in more often!

    Love, Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. O_o !! .. eso es valor ...
    no todos se disculparian ... i taan asi directamente :O !

    io no creia lo k decian de el u_U

    love iaa :3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! I'm working on the blog, just started last week! This week I'm out of internet, so it will be a while before I post something else. Seattle is great, lots of fun, it's been sunny this week. How are you Brittany?? How much school do you have left?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michiii!!

    Te quiero yo tambieen!! Si lo see, fue muy valiente Mr Woods =) Cuidatee ciao y besooos!

    ReplyDelete