Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm one of those nannies, babysitters, Au pairs...

I remember when I first heard about being an Au pair. It was the answer to my prayers. It was a way for me to learn a new language, to travel, to meet wonderful people, and experience a new culture. I googled the word and everything. I found sites for families, others for Aupairs, others with agencies. I didn't know how to start but there I was gathering all the info I could.
Summer 09 088
This blog is starting with a new concept. It will now be meant for nannies, babysitters, Au pairs, or just anyone who wants to hear some fun stuff about being a caregiver. This is especially directed to Aupairs. Being an Au pair myself, I know I had a lot of questions, like: how can I be an Au pair? Should I go through an agency or look for a family through the internet? Is it safe? Is it worth it? What are the benefits? What are the disadvantages? What experiences have people had in the past? Looking back at my own personal desire to find out more and find help in someone else with experience, I came up with the idea of making a blog about it.

Any person who has offered child-care is more than welcomed to share their experience, either in the "comments" section or as a guest writer (you can simply e-mail me with your story and I will publish it!). I'm really looking forward to people sharing their experiences, especially as Au pairs, so that anyone interested in being one can have a better picture of what it's like. I'm sure we'll find some pretty fun, as well as frustrating stories, but hopefully it will be to help us all. After all, I'm just one person, and all I can share with others is my experience; but I know each one of us has a different story to tell.

So please share!

To all nannies, babysitter, Aupairs, and caregivers in the world! Cheers!



Annie the Nanny


No comments:

Post a Comment